click to enable zoom
Loading Maps
We didn't find any results
open map
View Roadmap Satellite Hybrid Terrain My Location Fullscreen Prev Next
Advanced Search

€ 5.000 to € 4.000.000

More Search Options
We found 0 results. Do you want to load the results now ?
Advanced Search

€ 5.000 to € 4.000.000

More Search Options
we found 0 results
Your search results

Southern Kefalonia

Acqui Division Memorial in Argostoli Kefalonia

Acqui Division Memorial in Argostoli

The Acqui Division Memorial is a monument dedicated to the men of the Italian Acqui Division who were executed by the German occupation forces during World War II. During the war, the island was under the occupation of the Axis powers, but until 1943, the occupation was carried out almost exclusively by Italian troops—the Acqui Division—some 12,000 in number. When the Axis powers began …

Castle fortress of St George Kefalonia

Castle/Fortress of St. George

Built in the 12th century AD under Byzantine rule, the Castle of St. George truly flourished under the Venetians. Prior to 1757, this 16,000 sq.ft. structure served as the capital of Kefalonia, and concentrated all the main social, economic and cultural activity of the island. Incursions, wars, and finally the 1953 earthquake ravaged the castle however, leaving it in its present form.

Katavothres in Argostoli

Katavothres in Argostoli

Aside from being a lovely, waterfront location, Katavothres is the site of a rare geological phenomenon which had trumped scientists for generations. Here, seawater pours through fissures in the rocks near the coast and dissappears underground. Noticing the regularity in the water’s movement patterns, water mills were placed here by an Englishman (Stevens) in the early 1800’s to take advantage of this occurrence. While …

Church of St. Nicholas in Argostoli Kefalonia

Church of St. Nicholas

The church of St. Nicholas is of Catholic denomination, and is located on Lithostroto avenue. Behind the church proper, a small exhibit put together by the Greek-Italian association of Kefalonia and Ithaca commemorates the ‘Acqui’ Division massacred at the hands of the Nazi Germans in 1943.

Convent of St. Andrew the Apostle in Peratata Kefalonia

Convent of St. Andrew the Apostle in Peratata

Originally established in Byzantine times, the convent was restored in 1579 when three spiritual sisters purchased the land where the chapel of the Apostle once stood and converted it into a convent. New life was again breathed into the establishment with the arrival in 1639 of a young Greek-Romanian princess who when taking the veil, brought with her a sizeable fortune, as well as …

Convent of St. Gerasimos in Omala

Convent of St. Gerasimos in Omala

This convent is the unofficial center of religious life on the island as the convent is attached to a spacious church dedicated to Kefalonia’s patron saint, St. Gerasimos. Accounts of his life revere St. Gerasimos as a healer, a teacher, and a man who generally promoted peace. The convent at the foot of Mt. Aenos was established in the 1560’s by St. Gerasimos himself …

Church of the Virgin Mary at Drapano in Argostoli Kefalonia

Church of the Virgin Mary at Drapano in Argostoli

The Church of the Virgin Mary at Drapano lies adjacent to the Drapano Municipal Cemetery, and is known for its impressive reredos which showcases icons from prominent artists and iconographers.

Holy Metropolis of Kefalonia in Argostoli Kefalonia

Holy Metropolis of Kefalonia in Argostoli

The administrative offices of the Church of Kefalonia are located in a lovely neoclassical building. The structure also serves as the metropolitan’s quarters. The new Cathedral was built in 1957 at Vergoti avenue in Argostoli. Prior the 1953’s earthquakes it was located in Lithostroto str. at Sotiros church . Its temple comes from the old church of the Holy Virgin of Fousato and many …

  • Get the latest Real Estate in your mailbox

    Subscribe to our mailing list and receive weekly newsletters with property in Kefalonia.
    * indicates required
  • Peterson’s News